Deadline: 30 June 2021
World Health Organisations (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of HR Assistant in Yemen. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The HR Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Administer the recruitment of staff and non staff, publish vacancy announcements, screen applicants, and finalize necessary arrangements for tests/interviews, conduct reference checks and initiate necessary appointment actions, finalize contractual arrangements for Special Service Agreements (SSAs), Consultants and Agreements for performance of work (APWs) through the procurement module.
- Monitor expiration of all types of staff and non staff contracts initiate extensions, separations and other staffing actions in GSM; attach necessary documents, check availability of funds, and follow up with different stakeholders timely finalization of actions.
- Administer the attendance system and GSM absence dashboard, update and maintain leave records for staff and non-staff (SSA holders, consultants, etc.), including verifying leaves claimed in GSM against the records of the Time and Attendance system, alert staff in case of any discrepancy and inform supervisors of excess leaves/absence.
- Submit leave requests on behalf of absent staff members, and following up with staff to ensure confirmation of leaves in GSM.
- Respond to staff queries related to leave system and coordinating with Global Service Centre (GSC) and Human Resources (HR) to solve any related issues.
- Follow up with concerned units/stakeholders on necessary arrangements regarding, travel, visas, residency permits, security clearances, travel authorizations, UN ID’s, hotel bookings for staffand non-staff.
- Update and maintain HR confidential files (electronic and hard copies), including performance appraisal records, ensure confidentiality, and provide related statistical information and reports as and when necessary, follow up with staff and non-staff the timely submission of Performance Management reports.
- Liaise with Staff Development and Learning unit the induction and training of staff and non staff at country office and sub-offices and ensure its timely completion.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary education, supplemented by administrative training.
- University Degree in business administration, social sciences or related field is an asset.
- At least 5 year’s progressive experience in the field of administration, including experience in HR management.
- Relevant experience in the UN system.
- Demonstrate knowledge and application of human resources management policies and procedures.
- Very good time management and stress management skills.
- Expert knowledge of English and Local language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.