Deadline: 19 December 2019
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of HR (Human Resources) Associate in Belgrade, Serbia.
HR Associate will be responsible for administering and implementing services, plans, and processes covering the array of Human Resources Management service lines for optimal employee and talent management, i.e. recruitment, learning, performance management, transition, organizational development, and contract management.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The HR Associate will perform the following functions-
- Support to policy development and implementation
- Contribute to HR policy development and corporate HR initiatives by assisting to collect data on trends, risks and opportunities and sharing local HR best practices.
- Assist with projects in support of HR initiatives for attainment of business objectives in line with the corporate HR strategy.
- Support the communication of HR policy changes and new HR initiatives to management and personnel, providing guidance as needed.
- Advisory Services
- Provide guidance on HR related systems and processes including but not limited to Recruitment, Contracts, Position Management, Performance Management, Benefits and
- Entitlements consistent with UNOPS rules and procedures.
Provide advice and guidance to personnel on administrative procedures, processes and practices.
- Act as liaison between unit and internal and external clients and provides proactive customer service to expedite completion of projects, and provide information.
- Talent Acquisition and Administration
- Assist in recruitment processes ensuring best practices are used for effective and efficient talent acquisition in line with UNOPS policy.
- Actively participate in workforce planning at the office and project level and guide clients through recruitment and selection processes.
- Inform and advise UNOPS personnel, consultants, partners and project personnel on their conditions of service and entitlements according to their contract modality, expediting actions to facilitate their efficient, timely, and client-focused onboarding.
- Liaise with UNOPS’ HR related groups such as SSC on personnel administration matters and submit transactional HR service data (normally within the ERP system).
- Team Management
- Facilitate the engagement and provision of high quality results and services of the team supervised through effective work planning, performance management, coaching, and promotion of learning and development.
- Provide oversight, ensuring compliance by team members with existing policies and best practices.
- Knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Provide support to the organization, facilitation and/or delivery of training and learning initiatives for personnel on HR-related topics.
- Provide sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice by synthesizing of lessons learnt and dissemination of best practices in human resources.
- Collect feedback, ideas, and internal knowledge about processes and best practices and utilize productively.
- Undertake research on a range of HR related issues and provide content for notes/reports including quarterly and year-end reports for monitoring, statistical and review purposes by management.
Applicants must have:
- Secondary School Diploma is required.
- First University Degree preferably in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Public Administration or equivalent disciplines is desirable.
- Minimum of six years of relevant experience in an international and/or national organization in providing HR advisory/generalist services and/or support services is required with Secondary School Diploma.
- First University Degree may substitute for some years of experience.
- Some experience in UN system organizations is desirable.
- Experience in use of HR information systems, Enterprise systems is desirable.
- Fluency in Serbian and English is required.
- Nationality of Serbia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit a CV and cover letter along with their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.