Deadline: 13 March 2019
World Health Organization (WHO) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of HR Specialist in Jakarta, Indonesia. This post duration is for 2 years.
The HR Specialist will be deliver WHO core functions at the country level, with particular focus of the Organization’s directing and coordinating role for international work.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The HR Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Support to performance management and staff development.
- Monitor, facilitate and follow up on the compliance of the performance appraisals for measuring against the KPIs and reporting.
- Problem solving on related matters as required.
- Prepare appropriate reports to management.
- Monitor status of the training implementation plan and provide feedback to recommend actions as needed.
- Support in writing effective position descriptions as per directions, assist in organizing short-term recruitment processes including creation of positions, classification, review of vacancy notices, screening of candidates CVs, tests, interviews and drafting selection reports.
- Interface with the Human Resources Management, Planning Unit (PPC) and Budget Units at WHO-SEARO as well as Global Service Centre as needed to follow up on recruitments and contract renewals in a timely manner.
- Coordinate induction training for staff by the key Units in the Office including Management Unit.
- Management and entitlements: keep track of the contract status of all staff alert managers on required decisions and follow up as needed.
- Facilitate all actions related to contract management such as appointments, confirmations, extensions, separations and management of entitlements with Personnel and HR Units in WHO-SEARO and the Global Service Centre, technical units and others as required.
- Prepare regular and periodic HR reports for management decisions and monitor actions taken.
- Assist in planning, drafting ToRs and recruitment of personnel for SSA and Consultant contracts as required.
- Assist in preparing and implementation of policy changes, as required, for such non-staff contracts.
- Monitoring and reporting on SSA and Consultant contracts.
- Support to management of service procurements (APWs) of all technical programmes for the Country Office.
Applicants must have:
- University degree in human resources management, public or business administration, law or other relevant social sciences.
- At least 2 years’ experience in human resources management and in managing service contracts at international level.
- Good knowledge and understanding of WHO policies and practices particularly in the area of recruitment and selection, performance management, staff development and HR. contract/entitlements administration and in managing service procurements.
- Experience in supporting grant project and portfolio teams and professionals.
- Some experience working in the areas of performance management, staff development and staff entitlements of the UN system of organizations.
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Ability to lead a team dealing with HR and Procurement works and liaise with all Units in an Office.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.