Deadline: 23 July 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Human Resource and Administration Officer in Kitgum, Uganda.
The Human Resource and Administration Officer will be responsible for carrying out HR and administrative tasks as related to smooth operation of DRC.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Human Resource and Administration Officer will perform following functions:
- Human Resources:
- Ensure the general HR standards & procedures defined in DRC Operations Handbook are applied and compliant at all times.
- Ensure that staff have under gone Orientation and induction.
- Support Managers in identifying HR gaps and assist in the development of staffing and recruitment plan to ensure that each team is staffed appropriately, according to need and funding availability, in an efficient and timely manner.
- Ensure a high quality, transparent, timely and efficient recruitment process in compliance with DRC’s policies and national labor law.
- Prepare staff payroll and ensure submission on monthly basis to HR Kampala.
- Support staff to fill and submit their ID Forms, medical insurance forms to be shared with HR Kampala.
- Prepare all casual/Volunteer contracts with guidance and support from Kampala HR and maintain records of all contract related information; and ensure those are paid on a timely basis.
- Maintain an updated Staff Database including tracking contract dates and extensions.
- Coordinate the arrangements of meetings/workshops/ conferences and in country travel for staff and visitors by coordinating travel and accommodation.
- Maintain a tracking system for all communications (in-coming and out-going) by receiving and forwarding to the responsible staffs, and circulating from DRC/DDG staffs to external parties.
- Chair weekly meetings and send minutes to Kampala.
- Assist the Finance and Administration department in the management of administrative tasks.
- Coordinate the organization of field visits for external visitors in terms of housing and transport.
Applicants must have:
- University degree in HR Management, Business Administration or equivalent professional qualification.
- A postgraduate Diploma in Human Resources related training an advantage.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience in similar field.
- Direct experience of organizing emergency recruitment.
- INGO experience is strongly preferred.
- Ability to prioritize and deal with competing demands.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fluency in English.
- Knowledge of local languages desirable.
- Nationality Uganda.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.