Deadline: 20 February 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Human Resources/Admin Officer in Kabul, Afghanistan.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Human Resources/Admin Officer will perform the following functions:
- Understand standard HR practices, policies and procedures, take primary responsibility to run the HR functions according to the DRC-DDG Operations Handbook.
- Ensure the presence of up-to-date HR documentation and record keeping to ensure effective administration and information management.
- Collect HR documents and forms from newly hired employees and file the documents as required.
- Ensure new team member receives required equipment (computer, phone, desk, email addresses, Identity cards etc) on 1st day of reporting.
- Induction/onboarding; In liaison with other departments, arrange for on boarding for all newly recruited staff in their first week as per set guidelines.
- Implement policies on issues like working conditions, performance, equal opportunity, disciplinary process.
- Produce and maintain updated HR and personnel files and regularly update them in soft and hard copies.
- Scan HR related documents and archive them electronically in an organized manner.
- Review monthly timesheets, scan and file them electronically.
- Ensure that all staff go through a proper exit process including handover notes, completing the clearance form, completing the online exit interview form, and the exiting debrief with the line manager and update the HR Department on all exiting staff for payroll updating.
- Support DRC-DDG Mechanism to receive information or complains on misconduct and breach of code of conduct.
- Office management and making sure office environment and guest houses look neat and professional.
- Perform any other related activities as assigned by the supervisor relevant to the capacity and role.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree with a focus on business administration and/or human resources management, or similar field.
- 2 year’s of work experience in professional settings.
- Experience working in multi-cultural work settings.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Dari/Pashto.
- Basic computer literacy in MS Office packages.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships in a multi-ethnic.
- Excellent understanding of English (Communication and writing skills).
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.