Deadline: 4 June 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Human Resources-Administration Officer in Hajjah, Yemen.
The Human Resources-Administration Officer will contribute to the development of area strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Human Resources-Administration Officer will perform the following functions:
- Ensure a solid understanding of DRC’s HR manual and other administrative procedures.
- Ensure staff compliance with human resources polices, as per DRCs HR manual.
- Ensure timely filing and payment of social security to local authorities.
- Recruitment (Regular staff)
- Maintain a database of budgeted positions vis-a-vis current status number of vacant positions and work towards providing suitable manpower for vacant positions.
- Get directions from the HR & Admin Team Leader /Support Service Manager about the new positions, contribute actively in planning the recruitment cycle of such new requirements and implement them.
- Screening and longlisting the candidates and provide the results for hiring managers with consultation AM/Support Service Manager.
- Human Resources
- Ensure the general HR standards & procedures defined in DRC Operations Handbook are applied and compliant at all times
- Support with all phases of recruitment
- Assist Senior Management Team/Support service Manager in elaboration of individual development plans for employees reflecting DRC vision, values and long term strategic priorities
- Prepare and update briefing/induction packages for new staff and oversee/coordinate the induction process
- Assist with the Performance & Development Process
- Coordinate and develop a DRC training scheme for DRC employees with the help of the DRC Learning Catalogue.
- Deal with all administrative aspects of general office and housing, including necessary repairs & maintenance are complete in a timely manner, with finalizing and making sure the payments are paid accordingly.
- Manage all contract arrangements with lessors and ensuring that contractual obligations are adhered to.
- Lease new offices and houses by selecting suitable location and prepare contracts with close collaboration with security focal points.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in HR management, Business Administration, or related field.
- At least 3 year’s experience as an HR and Administrative generalist, including recruitment, performance management, compensation, training and development and Office Administration.
- Top-tier written presentation and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to convey information effectively and solid experience providing training and staff development in English and Arabic.
- Proven sense of professional discretion, integrity, strong ethics and ability to manage delicate situations diplomatically and lead to effective resolution.
- Excellent management, interpersonal and negotiation skills and a demonstrated ability to promote harmonious/cohesive teamwork, in a cross-cultural context.
- Proven ability to plan long-term, organize priorities and work under administrative and programmatic pressures with detail orientation and professional grace.
- Highly collaborative and able to establish positive working relationships with senior level management and all other stakeholders to maximize cooperation and productivity.
- Proven ability to lead by example and foster mentoring relationships.
- Very strong proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required.
- Analytical thinking, service oriented and team player.
- Proven ability to manage large and varied workloads, and deal constructively with stress and periods with long hours.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and Arabic.
- Nationality of Yemen.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their application through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.