Deadline: 28 October 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Human Resources and Administration Officer in Mocha, Yemen. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The Human Resources and Administration Officer will responsible to provide support and/or technical guidance to DRC south operations. Developing and administering human resources plans and procedures that relate to DRC Human Resources Policies.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Human Resources and Administration Officer will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Ensure a solid understanding of DRC’s HR manual and other administrative procedures.
- Ensure staff compliance with human resources polices, as per DRCs HR manual.
- Ensure timely filing and payment of social security to local authorities.
- Prepare annual holiday calendar and ensure it is circulated to all staff.
- Recruitment (Regular staff)
- Maintain a database of budgeted positions vis-a-vis current status number of vacant positions and work towards providing suitable manpower for vacant positions.
- Get directions from the HR & Admin Team Leader /Support Service Manager about the new positions, contribute actively in planning the recruitment cycle of such new requirements and implement them.
- Human Resources
- Ensure the general HR standards & procedures defined in DRC Operations Handbook are applied and compliant at all times.
- Support with all phases of recruitment.
- Assist Senior Management Team/Support service Manager in elaboration of individual development plans for employees reflecting DRC vision, values and long term strategic priorities.
- Prepare and update briefing/induction packages for new staff and oversee/coordinate the induction process.
- Assist with the Performance & Development Process.
- Assist the Head of Finance and Administration in the management of administrative tasks.
- Coordinate the organization of field visits for external visitors in terms of housing and transport.
- Act as focal point for the administration of tenancy agreements & liaise with lessors.
- Ensure than onboarding and exit procedures are made for all staff in coordination with Logistics and Safety Department.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR management, Business Administration, or related field.
- At least 3 years’ experience as an HR and Administrative generalist, including recruitment, performance management, compensation, training and development and Office Administration.
- Top-tier written presentation and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to convey information effectively and solid experience providing training and staff development in English and Arabic.
- Proven sense of professional discretion, integrity, strong ethics and ability to manage delicate situations diplomatically and lead to effective resolution.
- Excellent management, interpersonal and negotiation skills and a demonstrated ability to promote harmonious/cohesive teamwork, in a cross-cultural context.
- Proven ability to plan long-term, organize priorities and work under administrative and programmatic pressures with detail orientation and professional grace.
- Highly collaborative and able to establish positive working relationships with senior level management and all other stakeholders to maximize cooperation and productivity.
- Proven ability to lead by example and foster mentoring relationships.
- Very strong proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required.
- Desire to continually learn and develop.
- Analytical thinking, service oriented and team player.
- Proven ability to manage large and varied workloads, and deal constructively with stress and periods with long hours.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and Arabic.
- Nationality of Yemen.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their application through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit DRC.