Deadline: 18 January 2018
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Human Resources Assistant in Bujumbura, Burundi.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Human Resources Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Assist in the process of recruiting General Service (GS) staff and consultants: Prepare pre-selected candidate matrices, send invitations for written tests and interviews, write interview reports and letters of offer.
- Maintain file rankings of all personnel as well as confidential files and SSA Service contracts. Ensure that staff files are regularly updated according to the list of required documents in the personal file.
- Support the Human Resources Unit in all administrative areas such as passes renewal, orientation of the new staff and appointments for the safety briefing; Collaborate with the United Nations Dispensary for staff medical examinations.
- Update and maintain attendance records for all staff by ensuring annual leave, absences due to sickness, maternity and paternity leave and home leave as well as compensatory hours. Provide the monthly absence report to the Human Resources Specialist.
- Review the requests of individual contractors and consultants by ensuring that the supporting documents are correct and complete according to the contract management regulations and suggest adjustments if necessary.
Applicants must have-
- Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
- Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible human resources, administrative or clerical work experience required.
- Fluency of French and local language of the duty station required.
- Knowledge of English will be an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.