Deadline: 30 March 2023
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Human Resources Officer in Nairobi, Kenya. The duration of this post is 24 months.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Human Resources Officer will perform the following functions:
- Provide HR policy advisory services to managers and staff, and advise on interpretation and application of HR Policies, Regulations and Rules to guide Management actions and decisions
- Coordinate HR services delivery within the WCO; manage and supervise the HR function ensuring that the HR Unit functions efficiently and effectively; build the capacity of the HR team to respond timely and professionally to the HR needs of managers and staff members
- Participate and provide support to Programme Managers in the preparation of HR Plans and Budgets, and manage the implementation of approved HR Plans to support normal Country Office operations as well as emergency preparedness, response and recovery activities within allocated timeframes and budgets. Provide HR inputs in the programme and WCO Programme Budget development processes.
- Coordinate all position management actions including reviewing and validating of Post Descriptions,
- creation/establishment of new positions and update of existing positions in the HR Plan; ensuring positions are classified/revised/reclassified as appropriate and made ready for appointment or reassignment;
- Manage the recruitment, selection, pre-boarding and on-boarding processes for staff, consultants, Special Service Agreement, interns, etc., through Stellis, in a transparent and competitive manner, leading to timely sourcing, selection and placement of required talent.
- For WCO needs and under the supervision of the OO and the WR, coordinate with the Regional Office the sourcing and outreach efforts, roster management, targeted sourcing, use of stand-by partners, technical networks, NGOs, UNVs and FMTs;
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in Human Resources Management, Business or Public Administration, Law, Social Sciences related to Human resources or related field, from an accredited/recognized Institution
- Advanced University Degree in HR, Business or Public Administration.
- At least two (2) years’ relevant experience in human resources management and administration, at the national and international level. Demonstrated experience in the operational application of human resources management policies and practices, selection and recruitment, and the administration of benefits and entitlements is essential
- Experience of HR management in the field of emergency response situations
- Microsoft office applications. God knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems.
- Experience in project management, ideally in the UN system and/or a public health context.
- Excellent knowledge of English.
- Good working knowledge of French or Portuguese the other would be an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.