Deadline: 4 November 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Human Resources Specialist in Buenos Aires, Argentina. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The Human Resources Specialist will work in close collaboration with the Business Development, Programme, Operations and project teams in LCR AROH and UNOPS LCR regional office ensuring successful performance in HR management.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Human Resources Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Full compliance of HR activities with UN rules and regulations, UNOPS policies, procedures and strategies.
- Effective implementation of the internal control, proper design and functioning of the HR management system.
- Continuous analysis of corporate HR strategies and policies, assessing the impact of changes and making recommendations on their implementation in LCR AROH.
- Implementation of the strategic approach to recruitment in LCR AROH, proper use of contractual modalities, forecast of the staffing needs, performance evaluation and staff career development management.
- Understand of international HR best practices, together with an open mind for innovation, while being focused on delivering practical solutions.
- Provide advice to management and personnel on HR issues, and act as an HR business partner.
- Coordinating the development and roll out of regional HR strategies.
- Serve as a mediator/couch for personnel and management on conflict management.
- Development and management of rosters.
- Liaison with HR LCR Regional Office and HQ as required by Standard Operating Procedures.
- Liaison with other UN agencies as and when appropriate to ensure consistency with other UN –wide regulations and rules.
- Preparation and/or review of human resources submission requests to LCPC or HQCPC, in accordance with relevant Procurement/HR guidelines.
- Provision of effective counseling to staff on career advancement, development needs, learning possibilities.
- Implementation of strategic staffing policies in line with career development.
Applicants must have-
- A first-level university degree in Human Resources Management or related field is required.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in HR Management or related field is highly desirable.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience at the national or international level in HR management.
- Demonstrated HR expertise, in at least 2 or more of the following specialisms: recruitment and selection, individual performance management, talent management or HR advisory services.
- Experience in couching is an advantage.
- Experience in the UN system is an advantage.
- Fluency in written and oral English and Spanish are required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.