Deadline: 12 December 2017
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Humanitarian Affairs Specialist in Asmara, Eritrea.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Humanitarian Affairs Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Support decision making on planning, response/follow-up of actions, monitoring and evaluation of Country office (CO) humanitarian response.
- Lead on humanitarian reporting including Sitreps and production of other programmatic resource mobilisation and advocacy reports as requested.
- Strengthen knowledge management of funding opportunities, humanitarian supplies and related activities, and emerging humanitarian frameworks (EPP, CRRF, etc).
- Support resource mobilization efforts for the humanitarian programme (as per the HAC).
- Lead technical coordination and monitoring of the humanitarian action.
- Support office-wide participation in regular risk analysis and preparedness exercises, including the Emergency Preparedness Platform (EPP).
Applicants must have-
- Advanced University degree in 1 of the following fields: social sciences, public administration, international law, public health, nutrition, international relations, business administration or other related disciplines, preferably with a focus on Human Rights.
- 5 years of responsible professional work experience at national or international levels in humanitarian response programming, monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience working in emergency contexts in a developmental setting and asset.
- Experience working on resilience programming an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.