Deadline: 24 January 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of ICT Specialist (Technology for Development) in Senegal.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The ICT Specialist (Technology for Development) will perform the following functions:
- Policy and Strategy Development
- Provide support to the digital development and technology innovation strategy for the country offices; including assessment of T4D gaps, opportunities and scale-up strategy in support of the Regional priorities.
- Support the Integration of digital development and technology innovation into the programme planning lifecycle.
- Oversee development and quality assurance during planning and deployment of T4D initiatives; participate in establishing and maintaining standards, documentation and support mechanisms for T4D.
- Convene T4D Governance Committee and ensure compliance of T4D initiatives with the Principles for Digital Development (http://digitalprinciples.org/) and UNICEF T4D best practices.
- Technical Support to Programmes
- Manage Business and Programme Relationship services to define high-level requirements; document and match requirements and guide the design, development and deployment of appropriate T4D solutions.
- Lead deployment of enterprise technologies prioritised for UNICEF programming (eg. Global Goods and Accelerators).
- Provide support and technical assistance to the Country Office in the identification, selection, concept design, deployment and sustainability of T4D interventions to address bottlenecks towards the achievement of programme results.
- Assist programme sections to identify and assess new T4D initiatives, or new phases of on-going initiatives, with immediate potential to improve UNICEF programming in service delivery and/or monitoring evaluation.
- Capacity Building
- Build capacity of programme staff in analyzing the large amounts of data generated through T4D initiatives including the use of data visualization techniques and analytics tools.
- Work directly with countries and section chiefs to co-create strategies on how technology and innovation can support the country programmes.
- Participate as resource person in capacity building initiatives to enhance the competencies, capacity and knowledge within the programmes on digital development; train UNICEF staff, partners, government counterparts and other end users in digital development and technology innovation.
- Develop capabilities within Country Offices on appropriate use of frontier technology and innovations such as UAVs, wearables, IoTs, mobile money, blockchain etc.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in information technology management, business administration, international relations, community development or other related social science field.
- First University Degree in a relevant field combined with 7 year’s of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
- Minimum 5 year’s professional experience in designing and implementing solutions for large-scale technical projects – including supervising engineers and software developers; responsibility for budgets, contracts and procurement, etc.
- Experience in supporting and coordinating social development analysis and programming activities across large organizations and with other international partner organizations.
- Experience with ICT hardware, mobile phones and web-based technologies, particularly designing or deploying tools appropriate to low-bandwidth environments.
- Experience with RapidPro, OpenSRP, DHIS2, ODK and other global public good technologies, and deploying, maintaining and rolling out these technologies is highly desirable.
- Experience in a UN organization is an asset.
- Fluency in French and English is required.
- Nationality of Senegal.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.