Deadline: 28 January 2017
Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Accounting Associate Officer in Washington D.C., United States.
The Accounting Associate Officer will be responsible for establishing and monitoring compliance with accounting policies and procedures for transactions to ensure that the IIC’s accounting and financial reporting is in compliance with US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (USGAAP).
IDB’s aim is to achieve development in a sustainable, climate-friendly way.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Accounting Associate Officer will perform the following functions-
- Produce periodic financial reports for the IIC and the for entities it manages.
- Prepare and review monthly journal entries and review system-generated journal entries for completeness and accuracy.
- Reconcile a range of financial reports, from basic to complex, on a routine basis.
- Collaborate across the Divisions of the IIC to improve financial reporting information.
- Participate in the development, implementation, and update of accounting policies, systems, and procedures that ensure the appropriate recording and financial reporting in accordance with US GAAP.
- Participate in the development of solutions to issues concerning financial reporting and internal controls.
- Collaborate across the divisions of the IIC and the IDB Group to improve financial reporting information.
- Respond to internal and external requests in a professional manner.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or other relevant field.
- CPA or sufficient course work to achieve certification upon passing the examination (preferred).
- Minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience working in the accounting, auditing, or financial reporting.
- Working knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP) and accounting procedures.
- Oral and written proficiency in English required and proficiency in any of the following languages (Spanish, French and/or Portuguese is required).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit IDB.