Deadline: 23 February 2020
SNV is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Inclusive Agribusiness Expert / Country Project Manager in Kampala, Uganda. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The Inclusive Agribusiness Expert / Country Project Manager will be responsible for the development and implementation of inclusive business cases whereby climate smart agriculture interventions are integrated into the value chain from an agronomic, financial and inclusion perspective.
SNV’s mission is to make a lasting difference in the lives of millions of people living in poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Inclusive Agribusiness Expert / Country Project Manager will perform the following functions:
- Coordinate and contribute to value chains and climate risk assessments of prioritised commodities (pulses, oilseed, potatoes and grains).
- Identify inclusive business case development for the climate innovation and investment facility.
- Support agribusinesses to develop their business cases incorporating climate smart technologies, innovations and solutions (incl. energy efficiencies).
- Identify and link climate serviced providers to business case stakeholders for accessible and affordable wide scale adoption of climate practices, technologies, and innovations.
- Establish appraisal criteria for the co-investment fund, design milestone based payment scheme and contribute to the assessment of the business cases.
- Coordinate with the fund manager the planning and disbursement of grant funds.
- Support the implementation and roll-out of business cases.
- Broker access to finance and investments between SME’s and financial institutions.
- Monitor and report the performance of the business cases as per the set milestones.
- Advise financial institutions on climate smart business investments to leverage climate finance money.
- Set-up of coaching programs on agribusiness management for female entrepreneurs and youth.
- Support agribusiness platforms to promote, advise and jointly agree on climate proofing value chains, policy recommendations and climate smart investments.
- Manage the in-country project in all aspects of project management: budgets, work planning, human resource, activities and reporting.
- Oversee and support country project implementation, link and collaborate with the Kenya and Tanzania project managers, and report to the regional project manager.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Relevant academic qualification: Agribusiness, Agricultural Economy or Business Administration.
- Minimum 10 year’s of experience of working with or in Agribusiness, preferably in the prioritised commodities (pulses, oilseed, potatoes and grains).
- Knowledge of the prioritized commodities preferably at global level and in Uganda.
- Experience in value chain development, climate smart agriculture, energy efficient solutions, and agribusiness finance, preferable experience with climate finance.
- Ability and demonstrated experience of designing and appraising inclusive business cases.
- Experience in female and youth entrepreneurship programs.
- Strong agribusiness relationship management experience and focus with the ability to stimulate trust and confidence with clients and investors including managing various stakeholders.
- Understanding of climate change risk management and inclusion of smallholder producers into the supply chain.
- Proven track record in project management, specifically in project planning, monitoring, evaluation, reporting and financial management for large scale comprehensive projects.
- International work experience and the ability to effectively coach and lead a team of advisors in a multi-cultural setting.
- Excellent communication (written and oral), reporting and presentation skills.
- Nationality of Uganda.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must apply by submitting a brief letter of motivation (1 page) and your CV (not more than 3 pages) through online process.
For more information, visit SNV.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.