Deadline: 25 October 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Information and Communications Technology in Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Information and Communications Technology will perform the following functions:
- Timely and effective support is provided on improvement of ICT systems/services and opportunities for innovative use of technology in programme interventions are effectively harnessed
- Actively participates in programme discussions to leverage his/her technical skill to identify opportunities for innovative use of technology in programme initiatives.
- Timely and proper Info Communication Technology support is provided to users, SMEs and ICT Management for maintaining the organization’s computer systems infrastructure
- Provide users with solutions to identified incidents, requests or services interruptions; provides timely feedback, status or progress report as per established policies and procedures provides the Forward Schedule of Changes for planned and short-term changes of service levels.
- Under the LIGHT Infrastructural environment, ICT systems and applications are properly administered in compliance to UNICEF’s Security policies, standards and procedures
- Undertake the role of Local Systems Administration (LSA) by performing routine maintenance of the ICT Systems (e.g. Security Patches, and Antivirus Updates), User provisioning, de-provisioning and change management to UNICEF Systems and Applications (e.g. Domain, E-Mail, Intranet, VISION) in the office.
- ICT component of the Business Continuity is well maintained in close collaboration with other UN agencies
- Formulate and maintain the ICT component of the Business Continuity Plan (ICT Disaster Recovery Plan).
Applicants must have:
- Completion of Secondary education supplemented with formal training (at University level) in Computer Science, Business Administration or computer-related certification (e.g., Prince2 Certification, ITIL Foundation Certification or equivalent customer support certification).
- Computer literacy and ability to effectively use standard office software, tools and technologies and must pass the UN clerical test in English.
- 6 year’s practical professional work experience in information technology, as well as systematic methods of troubleshooting and analytical problem solving, providing assistance to users on ICT products and services, and use of applications and diagnostic tools.
- Practical experience with various computer platforms and applications operating systems, email and database systems, Microsoft Office product suites, Help Desk software, advanced PC/laptop/printer installation, configuration, troubleshooting and repairs.
- Work experience in providing ICT support to remote field offices in developing countries an asset.
- Fluency in English and Russian is required. Fluency in Kazakh would be an asset.
- Nationality of Kazakhstan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.