Deadline: 15 June 2021
United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of International Operations Manager in Antananarivo, Madagascar. The duration of this post is 1 year
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled.
Key Job Responsibilities
The International Operations Manager will perform the following functions:
- Strategic direction of UNFPA operations
- Contribute to the delivery of the country programme, and ensure overall operations are carried out effectively, in a transparent manner and in compliance with established policies, procedures and rules.
- Ensure annual and longer-term management targets, at the UNFPA corporate and Country Office level are met.
- Determine optimal approaches for improving effectiveness and efficiency of business management, fostering innovation and furthering operational excellence.
- Drive knowledge management practices within the Country Office.
- Build capacity of staff through coaching and mentoring on operations management relevant for programme implementation and sound project management.
- Day-to-day management of UNFPA’s operations
- Financial Management: ensure the integrity of financial systems, review of budget requirements and the consistent application of rules and regulations.
- Human Resources Management: Support the Representative in the recruitment and management of staff, providing them with direction and motivation; fostering empowerment; learning and career management and promoting cross-unit team work.
- Supervise operations staff demonstrating performance appraisal and transparent leadership approaches that support a culture of growth and development, where good performance is incentivized and underperformers are held to account
General Administration: Oversee CO travel, logistics and premises; establishment of work plans, and monitoring of the achievement of results in collaboration with programme staff.
- Ensure high quality provision of procurement and other project support services; monitor quality and timeliness of services provided by Service Providers.
- Routinely monitor financial exception reports for unusual activities, transactions, and alert HQ to any unusual transactions.
- Support and coordination of UNFPA’s common services
- Provide policy support, guidance and advocacy at the country level on development, establishment and management of common services with other participating UN organizations/ agencies.
- Ensure that common services and joint arrangements benefit UNFPA in its objective to provide efficient and economical support services to the implementation of the country programme.
Applicant must have:
- Advanced University Degree in any of the following disciplines: Public Administration or Business Administration, Economics, Management or other related field.
- 7 year’s of progressively responsible professional experience in administration, finance or office management.
- Thorough knowledge of the UN Staff Rules and Regulations, HR management policies, financial rules and regulations and procurement.
- Ability to build strong relationships with clients, focus on impact and result, and respond positively to feedback
- Strong analytical and leadership skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to lead business process re-engineering, to implement new systems, and to positively affect staff behavioural/ attitudinal changes.
- Field experience is essential; experience from a developing, humanitarian context is an asset.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and French.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNFPA.