Deadline: 6 June 2019
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Investment Specialist in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The Investment Specialist will be working directly with clients, taking responsibility for a number of designated accounts within PSPM’s overall portfolio of debt, equity and other investments in infrastructure projects, corporates, financial institutions and private equity funds in developing Asia.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Environment Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Management of Key Accounts
- Assume primary account and relationship responsibilities for assigned key accounts;
- Review and/or approves covenant compliance reports, waivers and amendments, annual reviews, ratings, valuation reports, exit proposals and other documents in connection with primary or secondary account relationships.
- Portfolio Management
- Monitor the financial health and development impact of the portfolio, ensuring that key issues like portfolio and prudential exposure limits are considered and strategic objectives are attained;
- Monitor periodic review and progress reporting of project implementation, compliance with financial covenants, compliance with environmental and social safeguards standards.
- Monitor payment of fees, loan servicing, receipt of income/dividends from equity investment and equity divestment.
- Strategy and Planning
- Prepare and monitor annual portfolio management plans.
- Develop a sound portfolio management strategy.
- Design tools, instruments and models to optimize PSOD’s portfolio or a specific component of the portfolio, and executes its optimization strategy effectively.
- Knowledge Center for Governance, Risk Advisory, and Development Impact
- Coordinate the expansion of existing and future programs introducing international best practices at investee companies with regard to corporate governance, credit procedures, risk management, internal controls, and other initiatives.
- Measure expected development, environmental and social safeguard outcomes in existing and proposed interventions in close liaison with the Private Sector Transaction Support team (PSTS).
- External Liaison and Knowledge Sharing
- Facilitate active relationships with financial intermediaries in the region, institutional investors and other commercial partners.
- Maintain and share knowledge of emerging best practices in project/corporate financing, private equity, corporate social responsibility, and overall investment management.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in business administration, finance, or related fields.
- University degree in business administration, finance, or related fields combined with specialized experience in similar organization/s, may be considered in lieu of a master’s degree.
- At least 8 years of relevant experience in commercial financial institutions, including hands-on experience in project administration.
- Experience in structuring and processing loans and equity investments for projects, corporates and financial institutions,analyzing credit risks, syndicating financial transactions, exit from equity investments and related banking activities.
- Deep understanding of debt and equity markets and products; good understanding of advanced credit and valuation analysis and corporate finance transactions, financial institutions and private equity funds.
- Experience in risk management including rating methodologies and risk categories (market risk,credit risk, operational risk).
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of loan, investment and credit products, including underwriting, pricing, servicing, accounting, exiting, etc. and with particular experience in developing markets.
- Ability to lead negotiations with investee companies, borrowers, fund managers,existing and prospective shareholders, sponsors, co-lenders and co-investors.
- Experience in dealing with distressed assets will be an advantage.
- Strong analytical and structuring capabilities.
- Ability to multi task.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, in particular strong ability in business writing.
- Strong Russian language skills and work experience in CIS countries, strong Urdu language skills and work experience in Pakistan, experience in power sector finance will be an advantage.
- International experience working in development in several countries.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ADB.