Deadline: 20 August 2020
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Joint Programme Coordinator in Cotabato, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 months.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Joint Programme Coordinator will perform the following functions-
- Coordinate and liaise with the designated representatives of the Office of the BARMM Chief Minister, key BARMM ministries, and other relevant development organizations, NGOs and stakeholders in BARMM, as well as participating UN Organizations (PUNO), and the Office of the UN Resident Coordinator.
- Promote the active involvement of all partners in project work planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Manage the effective planning, implementation, monitoring of the Joint Programme activities including the Communications and Learning and Sharing plan, in conformity with Joint SDG rules and procedure that will result in the delivery of agreed Outputs.
- Provide technical, inputs as necessary, and provide strategic recommendations related to political, cultural and cross-sectoral nuances based on the context of BARMM.
- Convene and organize regular/monthly meetings and develop reporting system in collaboration with the Technical Working Groups that will be established.
- Provide feedback and report to the PUNOs that report to the coordination mechanisms established between the UN and the Philippines Government, to ensure appropriate feed backing and sharing of information.
- Contribute to studies, policy documents and training materials on shock responsive social protection.
Applicants must have:
- Advance Degree in social science, political science, public administration, economics, development studies, agriculture, rural development or other related fields.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Tagalog.
- Proficiency in report writing and budget management.
- Knowledge and skills on MS Office applications.
- Minimum 6 year’s relevant experience in programme management and implementation, capacity building, coordination with national/regional government structures, NGOs and private sector and the UN agencies.
- Nationality of Philippines.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.