Deadline: 28 July 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Livelihoods Officer in Slovyansk, Ukraine. The duration of this post is 1 year.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Livelihoods Officer will perform the following functions:
- Under the leadership of Livelihoods Team Leader based in Slovyansk, ensure smooth implementation of the project activities.
- Support information dissemination and outreach activities to ensure active participation of the beneficiaries in the programme.
- Identify advocacy issues, i.e. legal/regulatory bottlenecks that directly or indirectly affect project’s beneficiaries, provide further analysis on the issue, it’s implications and possible strategies and practical solutions for mitigation (including both technical legal provisions and their implementation on local level).
- Elaborate position papers on the advocacy issues identified, as well as prepare suggestions for legislation (draft laws) /operation improvements (guidelines) for public institutions that serve the project’s beneficiaries.
- Participate in the selection process of the project beneficiaries and participate in the assessment if required.
- Make ongoing SWOT assessments on the community level, determining opportunities for project interventions among a variety of stakeholders.
- Build and maintain professional relationships with key stakeholders, local NGOs and institutions involved into the programme.
- Work with local stakeholders to conceptualize solutions and prepare grant application packages.
- Assist grantees with implementation, collection of monitoring and evaluation data and grant close out.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in law, economics, public/business administration, or another related field.
- Knowledge of livelihoods interventions in Ukrainian context, good understanding of possible durable solutions for conflict-affected population.
- Experience in collaboration with non-governmental organizations.
- Experience in designing, coordinating and supervising project activities.
- Experience in collaboration with local/government entities.
- Experience in working with IDPs and conflict-affected population.
- Experience in research/analysis and formal papers writing.
- Good communication, presentation and reporting skills.
- Full working proficiency in both oral and written English, Ukrainian and Russian (equally important).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
- Nationality of Ukraine.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.