Deadline: 19 November 2022
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of in Logistics Associate in Cairo, Egypt. The duration of this post is 1 year.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Logistics Associate will perform the following functions:
- Provide specialized support to logistics operations and activities, following standard processes and contributing, directly or indirectly, to the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
- Coordinate requisitioning and ensure timely delivery of commodities and supplies to authorized partners and destinations.
- Manage logistics vendors’ contracting activities including performance monitoring and measurement.
- Support gathering market intelligence, vendor assessments (e.g. transporters, retailers) to support vendor selection process.
- Identify, resolve and/or provide recommendations on specialised queries/requests for support, using initiative and following standard processes, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of enquiries with excellent client service mind-set.
- Check the timely use of food transfer cost budget for all delivery modalities, ensuring adherence to relevant procedures and in compliance with corporate standards.
- Monitor inventory management processes to track trends and account for the inventory status from source to beneficiary.
- Support oversight activities for logistics operations.
- Analyse operational pipeline and contribute to assessments and operational planning for all delivery modalities, to ensure that supply chain requirements are taken into consideration.
- Manage documentation processing for execution of logistics operations (e.g. customs clearance, invoice verification), take appropriate actions to resolve operational issues escalating complex issues to the supervisor.
- Perform research, collect data and conduct analysis, produce reports (e.g. CSC, SPRs, financial closure, physical inventory, transport performance) and ensure information accuracy in corporate systems to enable informed decision-making.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to support logistics operations management and contribute to effective service delivery and / or capacity strengthening.
- Supervise the work of support staff, providing practical advice and guidance, to ensure individual and team objectives are delivered to agreed standards and deadlines for all assistance modalities.
- Support logistics emergency preparedness and response activities including Logistics Capacity Assessment and Contingency Plan update, to support WFP’s response in emergencies.
- Any other tasks related to support to supply chain activities, as required.
Applicant must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration, Commerce, transport Management or any other related field.
- At least six (6) years of practical / professional experience.
- Humanitarian Logistics experience would be an added advantage.
- Experience working in an international organization is a plus.
- Fluency in spoken and written Arabic and English is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.