Deadline: 22 June 2021
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post ofLogistics Associate in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh. The duration of this post is 6 months.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Logistics Associate will perform the following functions:
- Provide business support for the Supply Chain Unit, in compliance with all relevant WFP regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Contribute to the budgeting, planning, and execution of logistics operations in Cox’s Bazar main office.
- Support the activities in collaboration with all team members working in the area, to ensure that objectives are met in respect of Standard Operating Procedures and performance plan.
- Process and manage administrative, procurement and financial tasks to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources and supply of services, equipment, food, machinery, and materials.
- Manage and maintain paper and electronic records within the area of responsibility in accordance with established procedures, to ensure swift and easy data access as required.
- Perform or supervise the entry of data in the corporate systems within the established deadlines and be the first point of contact for internal transactions.
- Supervise performance for the provision of efficient and effective operational support as well as resolution to any related issues.
- Prepare vendor performance evaluation reports to be certified by supervisors.
- Assist in market assessments or market studies when required.
Applicant must have:
- Bachelor’s or equivalent Degree qualified in Supply Chain Management, Administration, Procurement, or other related fields.
- 5 year’s minimum experience with 3 year’s experience in Supply Chain Management, Administration, Procurement, or relevant field.
- Experience in the area of supply chain management, ideally for construction and engineering projects.
- Strong computer literacy in Microsoft applications as well as SAP ERP applications.
- Strong background in finance is desired.
- Excellent written and oral/communications skills in both English and Bangla.
- Fluency in oral Chittagonian/Rohingyan dialect.
- Nationality of Bangladesh.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.