Deadline: 6 December 2016
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Management and Programme Support Analyst in Panama City, Panama. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Management and Programme Support Analyst will be responsible for programme support and operational oversight and management of the GEF and co-financing portfolio and Administrative Budgets of the region.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Management and Programme Support Analyst will perform the following functions-
- Effective formulation and implementation of management projects.
- Effective advisory support to the project managers on budget management.
- Management of budget performance of the Cost Center, including staff budget allocations and actual time allocations.
- Efficient and effective performance as Manager Level 2 role in Atlas to approve purchase orders, vouchers, and General Ledger transactions.
- Conduct exceptions/compliance review on the use of all administrative budgets. Identifies issues and recommends for system improvements.
- Monitor the year end closure to ensure timely and accurate operation/financial reports of all UNDP-GEF management projects are produced with high quality.
- Coordination and management of the internal and external audits on management projects.
- Manage travel budgets and expenditures and ensure travel entitlements are compliant with UNDP travel policies.
- Ensure transparency, accuracy and cost-effectiveness.
- Management of regional assets and ensure compliance with UNDP Asset management rules.
- Smooth collaboration with Regional Hub’s Human Resources and Operations Units to ensure timely recruitment and contract extensions, including local staff and consultants.
- Timely updates of GEF approval history with the GEF financial milestones (CEO, DOA and IA).
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Economics or closely related field.
- Minimum 2 years of progressive experience at the national or international level in providing management advisory services and/or managing staff and operational areas focusing on procurement and fund/resource management.
- Extensive experience in handling an ERP system.
- Completion of recognized certification program on project management and procurement is an asset.
- Extensive knowledge UNDP policies, procedures and practices.
- Full computer literacy.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Spanish.
- Fluency in or working knowledge of other UN languages is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.