Deadline: 6 December 2016
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Management and Programme Support Analyst in Panama City, Panama. The duration of this post is 1 year.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Management and Programme Support Analyst will be responsible for programme support and operational oversight and management of the GEF and co-financing portfolio and Administrative Budgets of the region.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Management and Programme Support Analyst will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Effective formulation and implementation of management projects.
- Effective advisory support to the project managers on budget management.
- Management of budget performance of the Cost Center, including staff budget allocations and actual time allocations.
- Efficient and effective performance as Manager Level 2 role in Atlas to approve purchase orders, vouchers, and General Ledger transactions.
- Conduct exceptions/compliance review on the use of all administrative budgets. Identifies issues and recommends for system improvements.
- Monitor the year end closure to ensure timely and accurate operation/financial reports of all UNDP-GEF management projects are produced with high quality.
- Coordination and management of the internal and external audits on management projects.
- Manage travel budgets and expenditures and ensure travel entitlements are compliant with UNDP travel policies.
- Ensure transparency, accuracy and cost-effectiveness.
- Management of regional assets and ensure compliance with UNDP Asset management rules.
- Smooth collaboration with Regional Hub’s Human Resources and Operations Units to ensure timely recruitment and contract extensions, including local staff and consultants.
- Timely updates of GEF approval history with the GEF financial milestones (CEO, DOA and IA).
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Economics or closely related field.
- Minimum 2 years of progressive experience at the national or international level in providing management advisory services and/or managing staff and operational areas focusing on procurement and fund/resource management.
- Extensive experience in handling an ERP system.
- Completion of recognized certification program on project management and procurement is an asset.
- Extensive knowledge UNDP policies, procedures and practices.
- Full computer literacy.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Spanish.
- Fluency in or working knowledge of other UN languages is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit UNDP.