Deadline: 2 June 2020
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Monitoring and Reporting Officer in Kampala, Uganda. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Monitoring and Reporting Officer will perform the following functions-
- Support the Secretariat in the implementation and monitoring of the SDG Roadmap, including organization of engagement activities including workshops and other events related to the Agenda 2030.
- Support collection of necessary information and data for reports required at different times.
- Support regular update on SDG progress, including outcomes of SDG committee meetings and Technical Working Groups to all Government and non-government entities.
- Participate in drafting, reviewing policy briefs, info-graphic presentations and other documents as required.
- Support in development of measurement systems at the SDG Secretariat that integrate UN Women M&E requirements including identifying data sources as they relate to SDG.
- Support establishment and coordination of effective mechanisms of SDGs technical working committees including development of evaluation processes, innovative approaches.
- Support the Monitoring & Evaluation Unit at UN Women with data management and identifying programmatic issues and prompt corrective actions to enhance result orientated programs.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent degree) in business or public administration, information management, economics, statistics, sustainable development, social sciences, education or related area.
- First-Level University Degree in combination with 6 additional year’s of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Monitoring and evaluation is an additional advantage.
- Project/programme management certification (such as PMP®, PRINCE2®, or MSP®) would be an added advantage.
- Minimum 5 year’s, of progressively responsible experience in providing strategic support to research and data analysis, knowledge management or project/programme management in the context of SDG or related area is required.
- Experience coordinating and liaising with government agencies and/or donors is an asset.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential.
- Working knowledge of another official UN language is an asset.
- Knowledge of Uganda and the Great Lakes region is an asset.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UN Women.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.