Deadline: 27 July 2017
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Monitoring and Evaluation Officer in Buka, Papua New Guinea. The duration of this post is 12 months.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will perform the following functions-
- Provide M&E related support to the JSC, including monitoring and analysis of PPP progress, facilitation of potential field visits by the JSC.
- Collate information and prepare written inputs to the reports which will be reviewed by the JSC and subsequently submitted to PBSO, including a detailed annual report of PPP progress for JSC approval and for submission to PBSO.
- Finalize the PPP Results Framework, prepare an M&E Plan and monitor progress in achieving PPP outcomes, including through producing tools for collection of data (such as perception surveys), collecting baseline data and implementation data, and undertaking field visits.
- Record monitoring data and analyse it for accountability and learning purposes.
- Ensure that collection of data and analysis for monitoring the PPP is gender sensitive.
- Coordinate linkages and communication within and between the three PPP Outcomes.
- Provide training activities on M&E for RUNOs and their partners working on the PBF projects.
- Organize specific project impact monitoring and evaluation trainings.
- Provide guidance to and coordinate RUNOs M&E specialists on M&E issues and tracking progress in achieving PBF projects’ results.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Social Sciences, Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics, Political Sciences, or related field.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience in development M&E.
- Knowledge of and experience in data collection, analysis and reporting, as well as developing and executing Results Frameworks M&E plans.
- Computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Internet, email, etc.).
- Demonstrated understanding of the critical aspects of human rights, gender, and, specifically, gender power relations within the PNG/Bougainville cultural context.
- Experience with training, facilitation and capacity building.
- Strong written and spoken English.
- Knowledge of PNG Tok Pisin would be beneficial but it not a requirement.
- Nationality of Papua New Guinea.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, please visit UNDP.