Deadline: 8 September 2017
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National Finance Officer in Dili, East Timor.
The Finance Officer will execute and ensure that all financial and related activities of JSP are implemented in a timely manner in strict accordance with UNDP’s set rules, guidelines and procedures.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
National Finance Officer will be responsible for the following functions:
- Prepare and modify budgets in the operational system as per orientation of the NPM or UNDP designated Programme Officer.
- Monitor all expenditures through a shadow accounting-tracking mechanism so the precise financial status of the Programme is maintained.
- Support NPM initiate project annual budget, review and perform budget revision and reversal.
- Monitor budget delivery and implementation in order to alert the NPM for timely modifications.
- Prepare budget reports – quarterly and annual financial reports as per agreed work plan.
- Prepare financial ad-hoc reports upon request of NPM or by UNDP Management.
- Maintenance of accounts receivables for the programme and inform NPM on need to follow up on contributions.
- Ensure all financial and related management of the Programme.
- Establish and promote inside the office financial guidelines and procedures as per UNDP rules and regulations and procedures.
- Provide financial input to prepare the Work Plan of the Programme.
- Contribute to sharing lessons learned and knowledge with the justice programme staff or related CO staff.
- Carefully checking own work in terms of accuracy and completeness.
- Actively working towards continuing personal learning, and applying newly acquired skills
- Demonstrating openness to improve and ability to manage complexities.
- A university degree in the field of Finance, Management, Business, Public Administration or any other relevant fields.
- At least 4 years for Bachelor degree and 2 years of Master degree progressive experience in the field of financial and administration management is required at the national or international level.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages and advanced knowledge of spreadsheets and database package and web based management and accounting systems.
- Knowledge of Atlas system.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken), and an ability to summarise and present
- Working knowledge of Indonesian Bahasa and Portuguese is an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.