Deadline: 13 July 2020
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National Project Assistant in Baku, Azerbaijan. The duration of this post is 11 months.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The National Project Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Support Project Manager in daily follow up and coordination of the project’s implementation according to the approved work plan.
- Liaise between FAO, the national project team and the related ministries and institutions, coordinating their work.
- Initiate and follow-through all necessary administrative actions, following FAO standard procedures and requirements.
- Assist in the timely implementation of procurement actions and contracts according to FAO procedures.
- Provide administrative support for the arrangements for workshops, training, seminars, recruitment of national consultants and field days as required according to the work plan.
- Provide administrative support for field missions.
- Participate and assist in summarizing the results of surveys as well as findings from meetings in the regions.
- Support the development and implementation of the PR strategy for the project.
- Assist the preparation of visibility materials and communication materials by providing necessary inputs and information that will be used in outreach and mass media campaigns.
Applicants must have:
- University/Master’s Degree on social and administrative sciences such as economics, statistics, business administration, political sciences, international relations, sociology, social work, development studies with a focus on rural and community development and/or a degree on agrarian sciences or agronomy with an understanding of social and economic dimensions of rural and agrarian contexts.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn the FAO Guidelines.
- Previous experience working in project implementation, preferably with international organizations and work involving young people rural communities, rural business development or organization of trainings.
- Completes tasks in a timely, cost-effective way and/or escalated properly.
- Experience working with rural communities, rural business development or organization of trainings.
- Knowledge or ability of learning and understanding the FAO Guidelines.
- Fluency in written and spoken in English and Azerbaijani.
- Russian will be asset.
- Minimum 3 year’s of working experience in similar assignments (project/program management).
- Nationality of Azerbaijan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.