Deadline: 26 February 2023
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Office Assistant in Rome, Italy. The duration of this post is 1 year.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Office Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Type, format and draft routine correspondence; collate tables, reports, presentations, publications, and other documentation.
- Receive, screen and direct telephone calls and visitors; respond to routine internal and external enquiries and/or refer to appropriate contacts/units.
- Enter, retrieve, structure and update selected information and data from various sources (e.g. Intra-/Internet, office files, etc.); present results in standard format.
- Set up and maintain office files and reference systems according to standard procedures.
- Initiate, view and track a variety of administrative transactions in the computerized financial/travel/human resources systems.
- Support the organization and administration of meetings, workshops and events (e.g. arranging for meeting rooms and other facilities).
- Assist with arranging travel: organize transport, logistics, accommodation and documents.
- Ensure availability of office supplies and appropriate maintenance of office equipment.
- Perform other duties as required.
Applicant must have:
- Secondary School Education.
- 2 year’s of relevant experience in office support work.
- Working knowledge (proficient – level C) of English and limited knowledge (intermediate level B) of another official FAO language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
- Knowledge of the MS Office applications, Internet and office technology equipment.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.