Deadline: 5 June 2020
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Office Assistant in Rome, Italy. The duration of this post is 1 year.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Office Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Arrange appointments for the supervisor, receive visitors, place and screen telephone calls and respond to routine requests for information.
- Provide office, administrative and logistics support to meetings, committees, conferences, (e.g. arranging for meeting rooms and other facilities).
- Review, record, distribute and process incoming mail and correspondence; follow-up on pending actions and deadlines with concerned officers and head of office.
- Respond or draft responses to standard/ routine correspondence and other communications; use word processing package to produce a wide variety of large, complex documents and reports.
- Initiate general administrative tasks in the computerized financial / travel / human resources systems.
- Make travel and hotel arrangements and prepare travel authorizations/claims for staff as required.
- Provide assistance in the administrative processing of vacancy announcements and consultants’ contracts.
- Perform other duties as required.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Secondary School Education.
- 3 year’s of relevant experience in office support work.
- Experience in a front office.
- Experience in the organization of workshops and events (logistics and administrative arrangements).
- Working knowledge (C) of another FAO official language (French and/or Spanish).
- Working knowledge (Level C) of English and limited knowledge (Level B) of one of the other FAO languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
- Good knowledge of the MS Office applications, Internet and office technology equipment.
- Good knowledge of communication and documentation standards.
- Good knowledge of corporate computerized financial / travel / human resources systems and administrative procedures and policies.
- Knowledge of and experience with trust funded project activities.
- Basic knowledge of FPMIS.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.