Deadline: 5 June 2020
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Office Assistant in Rome, Italy. The duration of this post is 1 year.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Office Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Arrange appointments for the supervisor, receive visitors, place and screen telephone calls and respond to routine requests for information.
- Provide office, administrative and logistics support to meetings, committees, conferences, (e.g. arranging for meeting rooms and other facilities).
- Review, record, distribute and process incoming mail and correspondence; follow-up on pending actions and deadlines with concerned officers and head of office.
- Respond or draft responses to standard/ routine correspondence and other communications; use word processing package to produce a wide variety of large, complex documents and reports.
- Initiate general administrative tasks in the computerized financial / travel / human resources systems.
- Make travel and hotel arrangements and prepare travel authorizations/claims for staff as required.
- Provide assistance in the administrative processing of vacancy announcements and consultants’ contracts.
- Perform other duties as required.
Applicants must have:
- Secondary School Education.
- 3 year’s of relevant experience in office support work.
- Experience in a front office.
- Experience in the organization of workshops and events (logistics and administrative arrangements).
- Working knowledge (C) of another FAO official language (French and/or Spanish).
- Working knowledge (Level C) of English and limited knowledge (Level B) of one of the other FAO languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
- Good knowledge of the MS Office applications, Internet and office technology equipment.
- Good knowledge of communication and documentation standards.
- Good knowledge of corporate computerized financial / travel / human resources systems and administrative procedures and policies.
- Knowledge of and experience with trust funded project activities.
- Basic knowledge of FPMIS.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.