Deadline: 12 March 2020
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Office Assistant in New Delhi, India. The duration of this post is 2 years.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Office Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Type correspondence, format documents, tables and reports from plain and corrected copies, forms, handwritten or rough drafts and printed matter, ensuring conformity with WHO standards; maintain correspondence logs, files and simple office records.
- Assist unit / department in the organization of meetings, workshops, seminars, etc., photocopying documents, preparing briefing /meeting files, including labels and dividers, collecting documentation from various sources and provide back-up to colleagues.
- Prepare travel authorizations, flight and hotel reservations, APWs and procurement documents.
Obtain documents and information from within or outside the department based on instructions and disseminate as required.
- Maintain reports, presentations, documents and other materials related to meetings, seminars, workshops and other areas of work and prepare list to facilitate searches and maintain a comprehensive filing system in collaboration with colleagues in the unit / department.
- Assist in maintenance of the regional websites for essential medicines and traditional medicine.
- Answer telephone calls, responding to routine queries and / or reroute as appropriate.
- Perform other related duties as required, including providing secretarial support to other areas of work.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary school education.
- Training in word processing, secretarial practices.
- University Degree is an asset.
- At least 2 year’s experience in secretarial / clerical / administrative work
- Experience in WHO or in another UN / International organization would be an advantage.
- Expert knowledge of English.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.