Deadline: 12 March 2020
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Office Assistant in New Delhi, India. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Office Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Type correspondence, format documents, tables and reports from plain and corrected copies, forms, handwritten or rough drafts and printed matter, ensuring conformity with WHO standards; maintain correspondence logs, files and simple office records.
- Assist unit / department in the organization of meetings, workshops, seminars, etc., photocopying documents, preparing briefing /meeting files, including labels and dividers, collecting documentation from various sources and provide back-up to colleagues.
- Prepare travel authorizations, flight and hotel reservations, APWs and procurement documents.
Obtain documents and information from within or outside the department based on instructions and disseminate as required.
- Maintain reports, presentations, documents and other materials related to meetings, seminars, workshops and other areas of work and prepare list to facilitate searches and maintain a comprehensive filing system in collaboration with colleagues in the unit / department.
- Assist in maintenance of the regional websites for essential medicines and traditional medicine.
- Answer telephone calls, responding to routine queries and / or reroute as appropriate.
- Perform other related duties as required, including providing secretarial support to other areas of work.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary school education.
- Training in word processing, secretarial practices.
- University Degree is an asset.
- At least 2 year’s experience in secretarial / clerical / administrative work
- Experience in WHO or in another UN / International organization would be an advantage.
- Expert knowledge of English.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.