Deadline: 19 November 2018
International Rice Research Institute (IRRI) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Officer – Finance & Accounting in Varanasi, India.
Officer – Finance & Accounting will be responsible for providing assistance in all transaction processing – payments for goods & services, payroll, withholding and deposit of taxes, OCS reporting, etc.
IRRI aims to reduce poverty and hunger, improve the health of rice farmers and consumers, and ensure environmental sustainability of rice farming.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Officer – Finance & Accounting will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Review all invoices, expense claims, etc. from staff and vendors to check claims and validate documentation for approval.
- Review LoAs with partners, assist with Due diligence process, recommend payments & liquidation of funds by project collaborators and partners.
- Ensure adherence to IRRI’s policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance to local law and good practice.
- Ensure correct and timely processing of all invoices and expense claims.
- Guide staff on policy & procedural matters.
- Provide administrative support in facilitating workshops/training events, hotel bookings and other support as may be required.
- Work closely with staff in Varanasi and Delhi to support efficient & effective implementation of the project.
- Communicate and work closely with Corporate Service leads at IIO, Delhi, to follow correct processes and ensure adherence to IRRI financial policies and procedures.
- Liaise with staff and vendors as may be required, for seeking clarification and sharing updates.
- Keep supervisor informed on status and progress of work and seek support as required.
- Process invoices, expense claims, request for advances, validate documentation for approval and ensure.
- Prepare OCS financial reporting and share monthly statements as required.
- Handle Banking operation in Varanasi, UP.
- Monitor advances and follow up on timely settlement.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Master’s Degree in Accounting with 3 years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s in Commerce with 5 years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of accounting principles & practice.
- Work knowledge of taxation and labor law.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Excel and e financial systems.
- Capability to learn new financial software applications.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit IRRI.