Deadline: 11 February 2020
UNHCR is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Operations Associate (G7) in Pretoria, South Africa.
The Operations Associate (G7) will be responsible for leading, managing and developing finance and administration team to support the delivery of quality and integrated programming in line with the organizational standards, frameworks, procedures and donors requirements.
UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, is a global organization dedicated to saving lives, protecting rights and building a better future for refugees, forcibly displaced communities and stateless people.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Operations Associate (G7) will perform the following functions-
- Review operational data, regional and country operations plans and ensure that plans are correctly set up by verifying indicators, budget lines, prioritization and apportioning.
- Create reports, conduct regular regional, operation-specific and comparative analyses of plans through Focus and MSRP to create appropriate tables for Operations Officers.
- Initiate administrative processing of implementing instruments, sub-agreements and closure of projects at the Operations level.
- Contribute to the preparation of plans, reports, project documents and submissions for donor funding by drafting and reviewing text and preparing budgets.
- Prepare background information of use in discussions within the Country Operations, Bureau, Divisional Support and field Offices.
- Keep abreast of the events that may affect the situation of persons of concern (PoCs) in the countries/operations under AoR and provide regular reports and relevant information on developments regarding the situation of PoCs as appropriate.
- Follow-up, in close coordination with the Supply Unit, on the purchase requests with the concerned Operations and prepare draft memos with field inputs for submission to Committee on Contract.
- Liaise with Donor Relations, maintains records of status of contributions, commitments, availability of funds, compiles data and produces financial reports to be attached to Appeals or reports.
- Keep track of up-dated Fact-Sheets of Country and Regional Operations.
- Gather information from the press and other public sources to facilitate the Operations Officers analysis of political and social developments impacting on UNHCR’s operations.
- Provide support to improve effective communication and facilitate the sharing of best practices amongst countries/operations and keep track of up-dated reports and fact-sheets of Country and Regional Operations.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary education with post-secondary training / certificate in Business Administration, Economics, Political Science, Law or related fields.
- Minimum 6 year’s of relevant job experience.
- Excellent judgment with proven ability to deal with complex, interrelated issues and strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively and ability to establish an enabling working environment.
- Advanced IT skills in MS Office.
- Strong reporting skills and the ability to deliver quality results on time are required.
- Proficiency in English and working knowledge of French is mandatory.
How to Apply
Please submit their letter of motivation, Personal History Form (PHF) and CV via email at the address given on the website “Operations Associate G7”, in the subject line.
For more information, visit UNHCR.