Deadline: 9 March 2020
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Operations Coordination Officer in India. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Operations Coordination Officer will perform the following functions-
- Assist in strengthening INRM country operations management systems in terms of strategy formulation / updates, pipeline building, project processing, portfolio management, capacity building, and management of personnel, finance, and administration.
- Liaise with and supports HQ, Government agencies, development partners, private sector partners, and other stakeholders to facilitate high level missions for programming, project processing, and administration of ADB loans and TAs (both public and private sectors).
- Support quality assurance of ADB documents prepared by INRM and communications with the government and other stakeholders at the INRM front office.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge base of future Government investment plans and approval processes organizational structure and policies relevant to the assigned sectors, and manage up-to-date information medium term project pipelines and 3-year business plan.
- Help organize, contributes to (e.g., preparation of presentation materials), supports, and participates in meetings, conferences, seminars, and workshops, as well as key missions including country programming, tripartite portfolio review, and state level consultations.
- Monitor and control annual forecasts of contract awards and disbursement, identifying factors responsible for shortfalls, and expediting achievements of target levels.
- Monitor the implementation of ADB-financed projects and TAs delegated to INRM to ensure timely and effective implementation of agreed actions. Prepares project performance reports.
- Review internal procurement papers, internal papers and correspondences for extension of loan closing dates and reallocation of loan proceeds, and other portfolio documents.
- Assist in managing the project completion reports (PCRs) and TA completion reports of the delegated projects, by (i) closely reviewing and advising on the contents of the draft PCRs and their compliance with the requisite standards, and (ii) helping establish archives of project impacts and lessons and PCR quality standards.
- Support close cooperation with other development partners and facilitate consultation with them, especially in respect to sector partnerships, as and when required.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Operations Management or relevant fields.
- Alternatively, University Degree in related fields combined with additional relevant professional experience can be considered.
- At least 6 year’s of relevant professional experience in the relevant area and at least 4 year’s of supervisory experience.
- Familiarity with accepted best practices of procurement and disbursement processes.
- Sound knowledge of Indian government’s administrative systems and procedures, particularly public procurement systems.
- Ability to research, analyze and check data from external and internal sources, reconcile or explain inconsistencies and perform statistical calculations.
- Strong conceptual skills and ability to identify issues and appropriate actions at the field office level.
- Strong planning and organizing skills to handle many tasks with deadlines.
- Ability to liaise and work effectively with government officials within own work location.
- Effective report-writing and communication skills in English.
- Familiarity with local languages and institutions.
- Ability to manage priorities and workload within general schedule of work, instructions and standardized practices.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit ADB.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.