Deadline : 10 July 2020
Chemonics is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Operations Manager in Guatemala.
The mission of Chemonics is to promote meaningful change around the world to help people live healthier, more productive, and more independent lives.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Operations Manager will perform the following functions:
- Oversee maintenance of the physical project office in Guatemala and lead management of the office lease, insurance, and other office contracts and services.
- Serve as the GHSC-PSM Central America point of contact for all security matters and coordinate with the Chemonics home office security management unit to ensure that all appropriate security measures are in place for the project.
- Ensure timely collection of timesheets for all short-term and long-term employees in Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, and Panama; review timesheets for accuracy and file appropriately.
- Draft employment contracts and amendments for field office employees and short-term field office consultants and ensure compliance with local labor laws.
- Proactively manage and administer staff benefits including liaising with vendors, according to Chemonics policies and labor laws requirements.
- Lead procurement of all office equipment, furniture, supplies, services, etc. in line with USAID regulations and Chemonics policies.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in business administration, engineering, or other relevant field.
- Minimum 5 year’s of relevant work experience in operations and administrative areas (including procurement, human resources, etc.).
- Experience working on USAID or other donor-funded projects, preferably with responsibilities in procurement, human resources, and/or operations, highly preferred.
- Strong understanding of the operating environment and employment regulations in the Central America region (Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Panama).
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communications skills; able to exercise confidentiality and a high level of professionalism.
- Possess excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Fluency in Spanish and advanced English, both written and verbal, required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit Chemonics.