Deadline: 30 June 2022
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Partnerships Specialist in Lilongwe, Malawi. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Partnerships Specialist will the following functions:
- Contribute to the identification, design, formulation and negotiation of new projects and programs and draft concept notes, project proposals, budgets and legal agreements.
- Initiate and/or participate in meetings with potential partners and ensure their systematic and timely follow-up.
- Contribute to the analysis, mapping and identification of potential opportunities with partners such as the UN agencies, governments, IFIs, intergovernmental organizations, foundations, NGOs, academia, think tanks and private sector.
- Liaise and coordinate with the KEMC Senior Management Team and the KEMC PDO team.
- Advise the KEMC Partnerships Specialist on opportunities for expanding the UNOPS portfolio with priority partners.
- Build a network of key partners, keeping abreast of evolving social, economic and political trends.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s degree in a relevant field such as Business Administration, Public Administration, International Development, Engineering, Political Science, Communications or International Relations is required.
- Combination of a Bachelor’s degree with an additional 2 years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the education requirements outlined above.
- Minimum 5 year’s experience in development context or related fields is required.
- Minimum 2 year’s experience working in developing and implementing partnerships programmes is required.
- Minimum 2 year’s experience in developing countries and project implementation is required.
- Working experience in Malawi is an added advantage.
- Experience working with a development partner and donors in-country, is highly desirable.
- Working experience within the UN system, bi-/multilateral donors, including the EU, and/or an international organization is an added advantage.
- Skills in partnership building and project proposal development are essential.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.