Deadline: 16 May 2019
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Portfolio Assistant in New York, United States.
The Portfolio Assistant is responsible to administer, provide support and oversight of the day-to-day management of the Project Field offices, both according to the client requirements and in line with UNOPS rules and regulations.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Portfolio Assistant will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Ensure efficient Administrative support to Peace and Security Cluster focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Provide administrative support to Portfolio Manager with overall project implementation.
- Provide logistical/administrative support to Human Resources, Procurement, and financial activities.
- Carry out administrative and logistical arrangements for all project implementation activities.
- Ensure efficient and effective budgetary and accounting support through the following:
- Collaborate with Portfolio team in all aspects of project implementation and service delivery in full compliance with UNOPS rules and regulations; monitor progress for all projects/service agreements under his/her responsibility, alert Portfolio Manager of any operational and budgetary issues that arise.
- Review drafts of budgets submitted by field offices and ensure that the correct templates and formats are used; communicate with field counterparts as needed.
- Prepare and submit delegation of authority requests for the approval of HQ.
- Ensure efficient and effective Human Resource and Procurement support of Peace and Security Cluster, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Support the identification of consultants/experts by assisting with preparation of TORs and coordinating logistical aspects of recruitment; process all documentation for submission to relevant review bodies or authorities.
- Act as focal point for scheduling interviews, serve as secretary in interviews for the recording of minutes, draft interview reports and submit them for the review of Portfolio Manager; responsible for drafting documentation for cases involving rapid recruitment and deployment.
- Contribute to knowledge building and knowledge sharing, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Develop solid understanding of principles and structure of financial agreements, as well as the broader organizational and legal context in which they exist.
- Use various technological tools and electronic systems to initiate work and share information with colleagues and clients.
- Participate in the trainings for the operations/projects staff in Procurement, Legal and Management.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Secondary school (High School or equivalent) with minimum 5 years of relevant experience.
- A first level university degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in Administration, Project Management, Finance, Human Resources, Procurement or related field with 1 year of relevant experience.
- An advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in Administration, Project Management, Finance, Human Resources, Procurement or related field with 1 year of relevant experience.
- Relevant experience is defined as experience performing general operational transactions.
- Fluency in English (read, speak, write) is required.
- Nationality of United States.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit at UNOPS.