Deadline: 19 June 2016
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Principal Country Specialist in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
The Principal Country Specialist will be responsible for leading the preparation of and supporting the implementation of the Country Partnership Strategy (CPS) and the Country Operations Business Plan (COBP) that aims to promote continuing strong development partnership between ADB and Bangladesh.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Principal Country Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Lead as Country Team Leader in country programming and ensure alignment of the Country Partnership Strategy (CPS) with Bangladesh’s development plans and ADB’s long-term strategic framework and guide country team members in the execution of their assigned work.
- Organize CPS consultations with the central and local governments, nongovernment organizations, business communities, academia, and development partners.
- Lead annual country programming exercise and formulate the annual COBP that reflects PRC’s changing needs and shared emphasis on innovation and value addition, and knowledge and regional cooperation.
- Lead, support, review and ensure the quality of economic, sector and thematic work as substantive inputs to internal economic and programming studies related to Bangladesh.
- Review and prepare policy notes/papers and sector roadmaps as required and assist the sector divisions in the conduct of policy dialogue.
- Establish and maintain effective relations with senior government officials and serve as the communication link between the Government of Bangladesh and ADB.
- Undertake coordination activities with development partners and other stakeholders on economic and development issues.
- Support the CD in senior-level dialogue on regional cooperation and networking with Bangladesh’s centers of excellence for policy studies and knowledge sharing.
- Act as the BRM focal point for regional cooperation initiatives.
- Assist executing and government agencies in resolving project/program implementation problems in coordination with sector divisions.
- Create and lead multi-disciplinary teams and ensure the overall quality of its work.
- Supervise the performance of teams and individuals, providing clear direction and regular monitoring and feedback on performance.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Economics, Political Science, Public Policy, Public Administration or other relevant fields.
- University degree in Economics, Political Science, Public Policy, public administration or other relevant fields, combined with specialized experience in similar organization/s, may be considered in lieu of a master’s degree.
- 12 years of relevant professional experience in development planning and policy formulation, implementation and coordination or related area as well as in project administration.
- Substantial experience in infrastructure development and private sector.
- International experience working in development in several countries.
- Proficiency in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ADB.