Deadline: 25 June 2019
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Principal Digital Technology Specialist in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Principal Digital Technology Specialist provides substantial technical support and knowledge to help promote digital technologies in Asia and the Pacific and help shape the Bank’s digital technology strategies.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Principal Digital Technology Specialist will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Formulate and update ADB’s digital technology for development strategies in coordination with sector/thematic groups, operational departments as well as relevant departments/units in ADB.
- Serve as the key focal point for coordination with other departments concerning ICT and digital technology matters.
- Track global trends in digital technologies including Data Analytics, Artificial Intelligence, Internet of Things, Cloud Computing, eCommerce, eGovernment, Digital Communications, Social Networking, Earth Observation and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) relevant to ADB’s operations.
- Lead policy dialogues and readiness assessments for DMCs in integrating digital technology in country partnership strategies, country operations business plans, pipeline development, and projects/programs.
- Track global trends on leading global technology platforms to provide guidance to ADB staff, development partners and DMC’s.
- Provide assistance with ADB staff, development partners and DMC’s on the development of regional digital economies that promote inclusive economic development.
- Support ADB efforts to promote regional technology startup ecosystems across member countries.
- Build relationships with leading technology organizations to support ADB partnerships, capacity building and development programs.
- Provide direct technical support for operations across concept, design and implementation stages of ADB projects/programs in various sectors and thematic areas
- Process and implement regional knowledge and support technical assistance in digital technology and ICT for ADB operations.
- Introduce innovative approaches and pilot projects including digital technology and ICT in partnership with other development partners in various levels.
- Produce ICT and digital technology knowledge products to support ADB operations and enhance DMCs’ capacity.
- Support senior management and represent ADB at external knowledge sharing and development partner coordination events on digital technologies.
- Develop and conduct learning, capacity development and knowledge sharing programs for ADB staff and DMCs on digital technologies.
- Provide leadership and support to reporting staff and supervise the performance of teams and individuals, providing clear direction and regular monitoring and feedback on performance.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Master’s Degree or its equivalent in public policy, public administration, business administration, engineering, computer science, or information technology.
- At least 12 years of relevant professional experience with leading agile teams with diverse skills that provide solutions to complex development projects including international experience working on development in several countries.
- Practical development experience in two or more of the following areas: Data Analytics, Artificial Intelligence, Internet of Things, Cloud Computing, eCommerce, eGovernment, Digital Communications, Social Networking, Earth Observation and Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
- Demonstrated analytic, strategic, and technical knowledge combined with experiences in development and ability to promote digital transformation.
- Established global network of professional relationships across the development and technology sectors.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit ADB.