Deadline: 26 February 2021
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Principal Portfolio Management Specialist in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Management Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Leads the preparation of annual portfolio management plans, including contract awards, disbursements, project completion report/TA completion reports targets, among others.
- Monitors achievement towards department portfolio management plan and targets, with the sector and RM based project administration unit heads.
- Leads in managing and monitoring SERD’s integrated portfolio performance database and the SERD Dashboard.
- Ensures compliance with ADB – policies and guidelines.
- Guides the sector/country portfolio reviews and prepare initiatives to improve project quality and portfolio performance.
- Leads the submission of departmental inputs to Annual Portfolio Performance Report (APPR) and portfolio management related parts of Work Program and Budget Framework (WPBF).
- Leads the preparation of integrated portfolio reports and management briefs, and portfolio data analysis.
Manages SERD’s multi-donor Project Readiness Improvement Trust Fund (PRITF) including preparation of the annual work program, progress and evaluation reports, review and endorsement of PRITF applications, budget management and replenishment, and monitoring of progress of activities.
- Contributes to country partnership strategy formulation and programming by linking portfolio implementation experience.
- Reviews and comments on all evaluation reports of the Controller’s Department (CTL), Independent Evaluation Department (IED), Economic Research and Regional Cooperation Department (ERCD), Office of the Auditor General (OAG), Procurement, Portfolio and Financial Management Department (PPFD), Sustainable Development and Climate Change Department (SDCC), Strategy, Policy and Review Department (SPD), internal audit reports and loan and TA portfolio management reports, and other regional departments on ADB-wide issues.
- Provides advice on ADB policies, guidelines, practices on project administration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Drives department-wide activities to share portfolio related innovative and best practice knowledge from within and outside the department.
- Participates in ADB-wide working groups related to portfolio management or project implementation.
- Provides leadership and guidance to ensure high quality project administration documents.
- Provides strategic leadership and guidance to staff on specific project implementation matters.
Applicant must have:
- Master’s Degree, or equivalent, in Business Administration, Economics, Social Sciences, or other relevant fields.
- University degree in Economics, or other relevant fields, combined with substantial specialized experience in similar organization/s, may be considered in lieu of a Master’s degree.
- At least 12 years of relevant professional experience in project and project management, organizational development, policy formulation at senior levels.
- Experience in the procurement and administration of large works and goods contracts and accreditation in PASS for procurement and consulting services.
- Experience in applying expertise in an international setting within the sector.
- International experience working in development in several countries.
- Significant expertise within a specific area of ADB’s operations (economic, sector or thematic), or breadth across multiple areas with in-depth knowledge within one area.
- Able to perform effectively as a mission leader or team lead, exercising supervision, coordination, and planning responsibilities over multi-disciplinary team/unit.
- Able to mentor team members, providing guidance and advice on project or technical-related matters.
- Able to coach team members to develop their capabilities/potential.
- Has potential for higher managerial responsibilities and demonstrate a high level of maturity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit ADB.