Deadline: 15 April 2020
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Procurement Analyst in New York, United States. The duration of this post is 1 year
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Procurement Analyst will perform the following functions-
- Ensure implementation of operational strategies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of procurement activities with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Elaboration of the effective internal control, proper design and functioning of a client-oriented procurement management system.
- Procurement business processes mapping and elaboration/establishment of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in Procurement, control of the workflows in the Procurement Unit, harmonization of the workflows in the office.
- Conceptualization, elaboration and implementation of contract strategy in the Unit including tendering processes and evaluation, contractor appraisal, evaluation and negotiation of offers, management of the contract and contractor, legal considerations and payment conditions, risk assessment.
- Ensure efficient management of procurement processes for the clients focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Timely and proper preparation of procurement plans for the office and projects, establishment of the deadlines and monitoring of their implementation. Act as the client’s focal point on procurement plans, coordinate workload among CPU teams, work closely with client to develop the best souring strategies and in line with the procurement plans and ensures best interest of UNDP.
- Establishment and implementation of proper monitoring system and control of procurement processes for goods, services, as well as individual consultants including organization of RFQ, ITB or RFP, receipt.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in business administration, procurement, logistics, supply chain management, public administration, commerce, engineering, law or a related field is required.
- Minimum 2 year’s of progressively responsible experience in procurement, contract management, contract administration, logistics/supply chain management or related area is required.
- Minimum 1 year of direct experience in procurement is required.
- Experience in international operations, international organizations, is desirable.
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems is desirable.
- Experience in all phases of high-value procurement operations is desirable.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and advanced knowledge of web-based management systems including SharePoints, database and e-commerce (desirable).
- Proficiency in English.
- Working knowledge of other UN language desirable.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNDP.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.