Deadline: 19 January 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Procurement Assistant in Kyiv, Ukraine.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Procurement Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Responsible for the day-to day procurement services administration and providing timely and accurate information on goods in transit, government warehouse stock, and dispatched/distributed supplies.
- Establish and maintain contracts with the Supply Division in Copenhagen on supply procurement and shipping polices.
- Interpret and advise the county office on policies and procedures impacting on procurement.
- Maintain links with Copenhagen on transnational shipments, deliveries, claims and appropriateness of supplies linked to procurement services.
- Correspond with programme Sections/Fields offices and suppliers on supply and procurement matters.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary school education is required, with courses/certifications in business administration, supply chain management, procurement or logistics considered as an advantage.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement and or Logistics will be an asset.
- Minimum 5 year’s of progressively responsible administrative and/or supply-related work experience (procurement, supply or logistics) is required.
- Familiarity with UNICEF, UN supply procedures and systems is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Ukrainian is required.
- Working knowledge of other UN languages will be considered as an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.