Deadline: 26 June 2022
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Procurement Associate in Nairobi, Kenya.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Procurement Associate will the following functions:
- Transactional Procurement Support services
- Procurement planning, requisitions and sourcing
- Bidding and tendering processes
- Contract administration
- Team Management
- Knowledge Building and Knowledge Sharing
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- First University Degree in Procurement and/or Supply Chain Management, Law, Commerce, Business Administration, or related areas is desirable but not required.
- Relevant certification in procurement and supply chain management (CIPS or similar) is a distinct advantage.
- A minimum of six (6) years of relevant experience in providing procurement support services in national and/or international public or corporate organizations is required.
- Experience in working with a range of stakeholders in developing countries is desired
- Some experience in UN system organizations is desirable is desired.
- A minimum of one (1) year of proficiency in computers and office software packages (MS Office) and experience in handling of web-based management systems is required.
- Experience in use of Enterprise systems including OneUNOPS is desirable
- Fluency in English is required
- Knowledge of another official UNOPS language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.