Deadline: 24 September 2022
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Procurement Associate in Cairo, Egypt. The duration of this post is 1 year.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Procurement Associate will perform the following functions:
- Support procurement programs and operational activities, (e.g. issue tenders, evaluate offers and negotiate/award contracts), following standard processes and contributing to successful procurement of food and non-food commodities or services.
- Contribute to analysis of data to provide recommendations for process improvement.
- Collate data and contribute to preparation of accurate and timely reports of procurem ent activities, to contribute to a WFP wide view that enables informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders, leading to performance optimization.
- Support auditing of procurement activities by col lating the necessary information for recommendations to be responded to appropriately to ensure conformity with compliance rules.
- Work in close collaboration with internal counterparts to align procure ment activities with wider programmes and ensure a coherent approach to meeting food assistance needs.
- Support training of WFP staff to take a strategic and proactive approach to the procurement of food and nonfood commodities and services, for example designing and reviewing training materials.
- Guide and supervise a limited number of more junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with simple analysis and queries.
- Follow standard emergenc y preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy food and needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
- Act in an assigned emergency response capacity as required to meet emergency food assistance needs.
Other as required.
Applicants must have:
- First University degree in business administration, finance, supply chain, or related fields.
- At least 6 years of progressive experience in procurement / supply chain or similar.
- Experience of working in Procurement is desired, preferably with UN agencies, however experience of working in public procurement or with private procurement departments is also suitable.
- Experience of undertaking procurement for complex services, identifying and evaluating vendors, preparing tender packages, and undertaking detailed analysis of tender offers is an advantage
- Fluency in spoken and written Arabic and English is required.
- Nationality of Egypt.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.