Deadline: 15 August 2022
The International Labour Organization (ILO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Procurement Officer in Geneva, Switzerland. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The mission of the ILO is to promote rights at work, encourage decent employment opportunities, enhance social protection and strengthen dialogue on work-related issues.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Procurement Officer will perform the following functions-
- Analyse procurement plans submitted by requesting units. Plan associated procurement actions, involving analysis of a wide range of procurement issues, and identification of possible courses of action.
- Engage in consultations with the requesting officer(s) and provide advice on the specifications, delivery dates, possible suppliers and optimal procurement strategy.
- Prepare, oversee the preparation of and conduct Requests for Quotations (RFQs), Invitations to Bid (ITBs) and Requests for Proposals (RFPs) using, where applicable, ILO e-tendering system. Analyse and evaluate vendors’ proposals in respect of the Organization’s requirements.
- Provide technical support on all aspects of bid evaluations related to worldwide procurement of diverse services and commodities, taking into account local economic and other conditions.
- Participate in negotiations with senior vendor representatives.
- Develop and formulate procurement project strategies and design solutions to resolve issues/conflicts arising from complex procurement projects, in consultation with the supervisor.
Applicants must have:
- First level university degree in business administration, commerce, law or other relevant field.
- Additional study or training or a recognized qualification in procurement (e.g. UNDP/CIPS certification Level 3 or equivalent).
- At least 5 year’s of progressively responsible experience in high volume procurement operations in the public or private sectors and/or an international organization.
- Experience of and familiarity with procurement policies and procedures in a United Nations organization would be an asset.
- Excellent command of English or French and good knowledge of the second language.
- Knowledge of Spanish would be an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit ILO.