Deadline: 12 February 2023
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Procurement Officer in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Procurement Officer will perform the following functions:
- Advises the Chief Operations Officer and the head of WHO Country Office (WR) for an informed decision making on procurement transactions.
- Responsible for the supervision of the team carrying out a wide variety of supplies and services associated with contracts and procurement activities, in accordance with the WHO established procurement procedures.
- Coordinates the preparation and submission of the procurement plans by the different clusters of the budget center.
- Prepares and monitors the implementation of procurement plans ensuring objectives and priorities are met and on track.
- Evaluates requests from the technical units and partners and advises for compliance with the organization’s rules and regulations at all stages of the procurement cycle
- Ensures smooth running of operations of procurement transactions including goods and services ordering and delivery
- Administers procurement resources and ensures compliant and efficient use of standard operating procedures of procurement.
- Provides inputs in formulating strategies and designs innovative solutions to resolve issues/conflicts for complex procurement projects.
Applicants must have:
- First university degree in Procurement/Logistics Business Administration, Public Administration, Management, or related field.
- Advanced university degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Management, post graduate training in operations management or related field.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience, some of which in an international context, working in the area of procurement services, and logistics services for a programme.
- Experience using Enterprise Resource Planning Oracle systems or similar packages. Relevant experience in the UN System and/or international organization.
- Excellent knowledge of English.
- Working knowledge of French or another WHO official language would be an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.