Deadline: 25 February 2023
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Procurement Officer in Kyiv, Ukraine. The duration of this post is 6 months.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Procurement Officer will perform the following functions:
- Support the procurement and contracting activities at the country level. This includes preparing cost estimates and procuring equipment and supplies locally and internationally through the Global Management System (GSM).
- Review procurement requests received from the incident management team as well as other sub- offices, review various contractual documents for compliance with contract specifications; authorize the payment of suppliers and freight forwarder invoices in coordination with the budget and finance team.
- Monitor the preparation and distribution of invitations for bids and requests for quotation to qualified suppliers. Review offers and provide input on contract awards, in compliance with the WHO standards, policies and procedures.
- Track and update the suppliers’ database, prepare suppliers’ performance evaluations, identify and take appropriate action regarding suppliers who repeatedly fail to comply with the terms and conditions of their contracts.
- Draft audit responses, review and follow- up on any outstanding audit recommendations related to the procurement of goods or services.
- Work closely with the Global Service Center (GSC), Regional Office and HQ Procurement Teams to follow up on shipments and provide updates on delivery status or delays; resolve any outstanding issues.
- Provide notice of shipment to consignees; prepare claims for lost, damaged or incorrect shipments and assist in obtaining settlements as necessary; coordinate the resolution of claim issues with suppliers concerning their non-compliance with contractual terms and conditions.
- Set up and maintain an appropriate documentation and archiving system to allow easy retrieval and use of purchase authorization/purchase orders and reports received.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Applicants must have:
- First-level University degree (Bachelor’s level) in pharmacy, business or public administration, procurement, logistics or a field related to purchasing, from a recognized educational establishment.
- Advanced university degree or professional qualification in procurement from an accredited/recognized educational establishment.
- At least 2 year’s of relevant experience in procurement and contracting operations.
- Related experience in the developing countries. Prior humanitarian working experience at field level, with WHO, other UN agency, health cluster partners, recognized humanitarian organizations or with an international nongovernmental organization.
- Thorough knowledge and skills in supply operations and procurement services
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills with the ability to coordinate activities and multitask.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to negotiate with and convince officials with tact and diplomacy.
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Expert knowledge of Ukrainian.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.