Deadline: 31 May 2022
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Procurement Officer (Roster) in Kabul, Afghanistan.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Procurement Officer (Roster) will the following functions:
- Implementation of operational procurement strategies
- Management of procurement processes
- Implementation of sourcing strategy and e-procurement tools
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Team Management
Applicants must have:
- Advanced Degree or equivalent preferably in Procurement and/or Supply Chain Management, Law, Commerce, Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Economics or related field.
- First-level university degree in combination with 2 yearS experience at the international level in Procurement Management, Business Administration, Public Administration, or related field may be accepted in lieu of the Advanced university degree.
- For those who do not have a degree in Procurement of Supply Chain Management, Chartered Institute of Supply and Management (CIPS) or similar international Certification is a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge of UN/UNDP/UNOPS Procurement Rules and Regulations is distinct advantage.
- 1 year graduate-level experience in Procurement of Supply Chain Management.
- Experience in working with a range of stakeholders in developing countries is desirable.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Office 2003 and/or newer versions), is required.
- Experience in the usage of Google Suite products (Sheets, Docs especially is desirable.
- Fluency (oral and written) in English is essential.
- Pashto and Dari languages are desired
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.