Deadline: 19 August 2020
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Procurement Senior Assistant in Yangon, Myanmar.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Procurement Senior Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Administrative Procurement Support Services
- Assist in drafting bidding documents, evaluation reports and contract award submissions, ensuring consistency in format and content.
- Process procurement transactions in UNOPS’ corporate system OneUNOPS.
- Assist in the preparation of Purchase Orders, Contracts, LTAs or their Amendments.
- Process invoices for goods and services delivered ensuring accuracy and completeness of documentation and timely payment to ensure transparency and accountability.
- Follow up to completion and inform clients.
- Monitor deliverables under contracts awarded and expenditures against allocations.
- Follow up with Logistics staff to ensure timely and safe delivery of goods and services and take up logistics coordination responsibilities as and when required.
- Client Services Client Relationships / Stakeholder Management
- Actively work with clients to provide and exchange information on a variety of issues in procurement processes and transactions, to deliver correct and timely services.
- Provide standardized procurement services, guidance and information to staff of the Business Unit on routine processes and procedures.
- Knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Undertake routine follow up action on procurement QA or Knowledge Management issues on behalf of the supervisor and inform supervisor of status.
- Administratively supports the organization and delivery of training and learning initiatives for personnel on procurement.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary school (with five 5 year’s of relevant experience) is required.
- First University Degree is an advantage.
- Degree in Business Administration, Procurement and Supply Chain Management or equivalent disciplines is desirable but not mandatory.
- Minimum 2 year’s of relevant experience in procurement support services in national or international public or corporate organizations.
- Experience in working with a range of stakeholders in developing countries.
- Some experience in UN system organizations is desirable.
- Proficiency in computers and office software packages (MS Office) and experience in handling of web-based management systems is required.
- Experience in use of Enterprise systems is desirable.
- Full working knowledge of English and Myanmar is required.
- Knowledge of a second UN or regional working language is an asset.
- Nationality of Myanmar.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.