Deadline: 5 December 2019
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Procurement Specialist in Copenhagen, Denmark.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Procurement Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Research publications, conferences, and other events or documents which are relevant to public procurement and supply chain.
- Prepare presentations and publication materials.
- Identify key fora where UNOPS should participate at a senior level.
- Provide research on key trends in procurement/supply chain in various geographies across the world. Identify the key players in those markets who are discussing these imperatives.
- Support to Strategic Initiatives
- Support the production of thought leadership publications on procurement that help to promote UNOPS strategic position in sustainable procurement.
- Analyze data and convert it into information to support the procurement value proposition.
- Review Sustainable Development Goals and analyze how they can be impacted by Procurement/Supply Chain to inform strategic initiatives.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with the development sector, business units and supporting teams, to ensure cross-functional support of the strategic positioning activities, which could include identifying key conferences for UNOPS to participate, creating publications and similar activities support the entire Procurement Group leadership team in research/information related areas.
- Manage projects related to strategic initiatives as required.
- Knowledge building and Knowledge sharing
- Organize, facilitate and/or deliver training and learning initiatives on Procurement-related topics.
- Lead and conduct initiatives on capacity development and knowledge building for procurement personnel, including network development, plans, learning plans and activities, procurement practice information and best practice bench-marking.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced Degree preferably in Procurement and/or Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics or related field.
- First University degree in combination with a minimum 7 year’s qualifying experience, may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum 5 year’s professional experience at international level.
- Proven experience in market research and data analysis.
- Understanding of the international development procurement and supply chain management context will be an advantage.
- Some experience in UN system organizations, preferably in a developing country, is desirable.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages.
- Fluency in English is a requirement.
- Knowledge of another official UNOPS language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.