Deadline: 5 December 2019
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Procurement Specialist in Copenhagen, Denmark.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Procurement Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Research publications, conferences, and other events or documents which are relevant to public procurement and supply chain.
- Prepare presentations and publication materials.
- Identify key fora where UNOPS should participate at a senior level.
- Provide research on key trends in procurement/supply chain in various geographies across the world. Identify the key players in those markets who are discussing these imperatives.
- Support to Strategic Initiatives
- Support the production of thought leadership publications on procurement that help to promote UNOPS strategic position in sustainable procurement.
- Analyze data and convert it into information to support the procurement value proposition.
- Review Sustainable Development Goals and analyze how they can be impacted by Procurement/Supply Chain to inform strategic initiatives.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with the development sector, business units and supporting teams, to ensure cross-functional support of the strategic positioning activities, which could include identifying key conferences for UNOPS to participate, creating publications and similar activities support the entire Procurement Group leadership team in research/information related areas.
- Manage projects related to strategic initiatives as required.
- Knowledge building and Knowledge sharing
- Organize, facilitate and/or deliver training and learning initiatives on Procurement-related topics.
- Lead and conduct initiatives on capacity development and knowledge building for procurement personnel, including network development, plans, learning plans and activities, procurement practice information and best practice bench-marking.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced Degree preferably in Procurement and/or Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics or related field.
- First University degree in combination with a minimum 7 year’s qualifying experience, may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum 5 year’s professional experience at international level.
- Proven experience in market research and data analysis.
- Understanding of the international development procurement and supply chain management context will be an advantage.
- Some experience in UN system organizations, preferably in a developing country, is desirable.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages.
- Fluency in English is a requirement.
- Knowledge of another official UNOPS language is an asset.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.