Deadline: 7 August 2020
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Procurement Specialist in Islamabad, Pakistan. The duration of this post is 3 years.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Procurement Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Provide technical fiduciary advice on procurement activities and engage in policy dialogue to strengthen procurement systems in Pakistan.
- Support clients in Pakistan in achieving value for money (VFM) in public procurement in order to enhance service delivery and development outcomes with integrity.
- Understand relevant procurement markets using analytical tools and approaches to define more effective procurement strategies.
- Participate in missions and plays a key role in developing practical approaches to procurement while simultaneously dealing with difficult policy and operational issues.
- Prepare and/or comment on draft operational directives and policy papers; produces major/complex reports.
- Develop and execute training modules on complex sector related procurement topics.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field (e.g. business administration, engineering, commerce, law, procurement, etc.).
- Minimum 5 year’s of relevant experience in carrying out technical duties in procurement inside or outside the World Bank.
- Knowledge of the concepts, principles and practices governing international procurement, with the ability to translate concepts into operational work, including but limited to VFM, sustainable procurement, strategic sourcing, market analysis, contract management, etc..
- Ability to deal sensitively in a multi-cultural environment and build effective working relations with clients and colleagues.
- Excellent command of English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WBG.