Deadline: 4 May 2017
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Procurement Specialist in Kathmandu, Nepal. The duration of this post is 6 months.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Procurement Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Identification of procurement needs at the project development stage.
- Preparation of realistic procurement plans and development of appropriate procurement strategies.
- Preparation and review of technical specifications and/or terms of references.
- Management of procurement contracts.
- Assistance in cost estimations for the required goods/services.
- Regular reporting on acquisition processes using procurement process monitoring systems and mechanisms.
- Analyse the quality of goods and/or services delivered in relation to the needs of the operation/stakeholder and established quality standards.
- Work with concerned stakeholders on procurement needs, providing technical support on specifications, cost implications and logistics for safe delivery both externally and internally.
- Finalising specifications and preparing shortlists based on needs and investigation of related market, identify suitable vendors with due consideration to price, quality, delivery time, warranty and after sale servicing where applicable.
- Develop and issuing invitations to bid, requests for quotation, and requests for proposals.
- Publishing procurement advertisements and awards and maintaining a database on procurement activity.
- Evaluating submission to ensure technical compliance with the project’s needs and cost-effective purchase of goods and services.
- Ensuring all procurement actions are conducted as required according to UNOPS Financial Rules and Regulations and the applicable policies and procedures as well as the highest degree of personal and professional ethics.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Procurement or other relevant discipline.
- Bachelor’s Degree with additional relevant years of experience may be considered in lieu of a Master’s Degree.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Procurement, and Asset Management, Asset Transfer, Assets Operations and maintenance element in difficult environments such as elections, census, national surveys, etc. is required.
- 2 to 3 years of experience in procurement panning, procurement contract administration, LTA/Framework Agreement, Vendor Management, Market Analysis and Research is required.
- 7 years of similar experience is required for incumbents holding a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience with UNOPS or a relevant UN agency is preferred.
- Experience of working with local government is highly desirable.
- Experience in e-procurement is an asset.
- Fluency in English both written and verbal is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.